What is a “Fill the Truck” fundraiser?
We will gather clothing and small household items in a truck parked at Roses Run Country Club. The items in the truck will be donated to Easter Seals of Northern Ohio, who will make a donation to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on behalf of the Skiers On Bikes team. The amount of money donated will based on the number of bags/pounds collected.
Who Are the Skiers On Bikes?
Each summer, the Skiers On Bikes (SOBs) a group of ski patrollers, spouses and friends, ride their bicycles for 150 miles over two days in the Buckeye Breakaway (formerly Pedal to the Point) as a fundraiser for fighting MS. Each year the SOBs raise funds for MS from friends and family. This year, the SOBs will be partnering with Easter Seals of Northern Ohio and Roses Run Country Club to help raise more money for fighting MS by hosting a “Fill the Truck” fundraiser.
What Can Be Donated?
We are primarily collecting cloth items such as clothing, comforters, blankets, curtains, towels, and sheets. Even stained or torn items are okay and can be recycled into something else. Donations should be laundered and bagged (plastic garbage bag preferred.)
Small household items will also be accepted like shoes, purses, stuffed animals, small kids’ toys and games, books, CDs/DVDs/VHS tapes, kitchen wares (pots/pans, silverware, and dishes), small picture frames/wall hangings, knickknacks, and jewelry.
Sorry, we are NOT able to accept larger items like big toys, furniture, appliances, or carpet.
Where & When?
WHERE: The truck will be staffed by the SOBs at the Roses Run Country Club, 2636 North River Road, Stow, OH 44224
WHEN: Friday, May 6 (11 am – 7 pm) and Saturday, May 7 (9 am – 7 pm). Tell all your friends and neighbors! All donors will receive a tax deductible receipt.
Clothing drives are a big “WIN” for everyone!
- This fundraiser is an innovative way for the SOBs to raise funds without having to sell anything!
- Last year the SOBs raised over $20,000 to fight MS and we want to do more. Now is the time to begin spring cleaning and declutter your closet.
- All donated items will be reused, resold, or recycled.
- All donations are tax deductible. Easter Seals will provide receipts at drop-off.
- Easter Seals’ Community Action Program supports vital services for children and adults with disabilities in Northern Ohio. The proceeds from the bulk sale of the contributions support programs such as speech therapy, home care, medical equipment loans, and summer camp opportunities.